INTRODUCTION TO QUANTITY SURVEYING
The Quantity surveyor is a high income earner with an average salary of $25,000 – $45,000 TTD per month. They highly sought after professionals of critical importance in ensuring the efficiency of projects along with financial arrangements.
- Advance your financial, technical and managerial construction knowledge by exploring the relationship between construction project planning, managing and cost estimating.
- Examine measurement and quantification techniques with keen focus of estimating and cost management methods.
- Delve into the legal and regulatory framework and the economic environment
- Differentiate the processes, tools and techniques used to evaluate risk and value management, and develop comprehensive recognition of sustainable design.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
This module introduces the Participants to the key concepts and fundamental principles of the Quantity Surveying. Additionally, the Participants will develop an appreciation for the standardization of the methods involved.
SPECIFIC LEARNING OUTCOMES
- Understand the construction and production processes related to building projects
- Understand and manage the operational, financial and contractual aspects of the building services construction processes
- Have a detailed knowledge of the procurement, planning and programming arrangements needed to produce the building services aspects of building projects
- Understand the technology of building services installations and the range of equipment and systems available in building engineering.
- Have intellectual and research skills appropriate to professional work in these disciplines.
- Have a range of transferable skills in information technology, communication and team working.
- Be able to evaluate complex problems and formulate original ideas and proposals in the field of the built environment.
- Introduction to Quantity Surveying
- Risk Assessment (as it relates to Quantity Surveying)
- Variations, Extra Works, Provisional Sums, Prime Cost and Retention
- Whole Life Costing
- Cost Plans in (Construction Projects)
- Payment Certificates, Interim Payments and Final Valuations
- The Contact Document
- The Tendering Process
- Tender Evaluation
- Quantity Surveying roles and responsibilities
- Request for Proposal
- Breach of contract, claims and termination
- Bill of Quantities and Rate build up
Start Date: 1st March
Days: Tuesdays & ThursdayS
Contact Hours: 18
Duration: 3 weeks
Price– $1500 TTD
Time– 5:30pm- 8:30pm
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS STUDENTS
I am absolutely delighted to be a part of SHEL’s alumni, having successfully completed a high quality professional development course in Quantity surveying. I proudly hold an MBA in Project Management and this course has armed me with vast and crucial knowledge of the field. The lecturer was incredibly learned, blending theories with real world experiences in a manner that was both seamless and made the course come alive for me. I would not trade my academic experiences here for anything. Thank you SHEL!
Professional Development Course
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION
Please complete the form below if you would to get more information about this course. If you wish to register and pay online, then please click add to Cart in the next section.
REGISTER & PAY ONLINE
Kindly select the number of delegates you wish to register below, then click on add to Cart. Follow the instructions to complete your purchase. Please note that you will not be registered on this course, until we receive payment.
All prices are in TTD (Trinidad & Tobago dollars).