ABOUT FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
Did you know that the global Facilities Management industry is expected to be worth over US$64 billion by 2023?
Furthermore, the US national salary for a Facility Manager can range between US$44,000 and $76,000 per year.
Today, there are countless opportunities in Facilities Management across all sectors and businesses and entry into this profession is relatively easy.
Let the School of Higher Education help you seize these opportunities.
Join our Facilities Management Professional Development course as we teach you the fundamentals of:
- Redefining physical and now virtual workspaces to be more pleasing and productive as well as decreasing the company’s carbon footprint).
- Ensuring that the organization facilities meet the needs of its employees, customers and operations.
- Security, maintenance and services of the organization.
The future of Facilities Management is right now!!!
*Students will receive a Certificate Of Completion upon completion of the course.
- Understanding business organization: developing strategies and understanding the structure and behavior of organizations.
- Managing people: communication within organizations, and working with suppliers and specialists.
- Managing premises: managing a portfolio of premises, understanding building design and maintenance issues.
- Managing services: building and support services, project management and customer satisfaction.
- Managing the working environment: space management and energy/sustainability in a low carbon future.
- Managing resources: procurement, risk, quality, information and financial management.
- Appreciate the fundamentals of Building Refurbishment and Restoration.
- Utilise Project Management skills and principles to Execute Facilities Management plans and processes
Learn FACILITIES MANAGEMENT! Commencing on July 5th 2022.
Note: All sessions are 6:00pm – 8:00pm
|Tuesday – 5th July, 2022|
Thursday – 7th July, 2022
Tuesday – 12th July, 2022
|Thursday – 14th July, 2022|
Tuesday – 19th July, 2022
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT PRINCIPLES
- Introduction to course
- Origins and definition of FM
- Scope and role of Facilities Management
- Planning and Management of FM
- Strategic significance of Facilities Management
- Value and Risk In FM
BUILDING PATHOLOGY AND INSPECTION
- Investigation preliminaries
- Property Surveys
- Building Deterioration
- Introduction to Building diagnostics
BUILDING REFUBISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE
- Principles and Building Aftercare
- Budgeting and Control of Maintenance
- Maintenance Procurement
- Lateral and vertical Extensions
- Reactive and Proactive approaches
ASSET MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT
- Introduction To Asset Maintenance Management
- Property Maintenance
- Executing a Maintenance Policy
- Planning, monitoring and Controlling the Maintenance Programme
- Confidence Interval
- Quality and Uncertainty
- Time to failure
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The course targets professionals engaged in
- Construction Professionals
- Air conditioning and refrigeration Professionals
- Mechanical Professional,
- Facilities Management staff
- User Department that interacts with Facilities Management staff on a regular basis
- Persons wishing to develop a career in Facilities Management or related field.