The last decade witnessed a phenomenal growth in the use of computer technology at all levels of the construction and by extension the architectural technology profession.
Technology in construction has revolutionize the complete practice and its enhancements to their architectural work. Construction professionals are utilizing, accepting, planning and budgeting for the use of Information Technology (IT) as an integral part of their practices. Indications show that the Architectural technology is no more considered an excessive expensive luxury tool, but rather a necessity that offices are starting to invest in both human resources and in financial terms perspectives.
For Construction Architects, home builders and home designers, technology has taken a front seat in the experience of designing and building a structure.
Architectural technology, or building technology, is the application of technology to the design of buildings in construction. It is related to the different elements of a building and their interactions; it is closely aligned with advances in construction building science.
Architectural technology is the “technical design and expertise used in the application and integration of construction technologies in the building design process.” It is practiced by architects, construction professionals, structural engineers, and many others who develop the design/concept into a buildable reality.
Specialist manufacturers who develop products used to construct buildings, are also involved in the discipline.
*A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to students upon the successful completion of all teaching sessions
The following are the aims of this programme:
- Establish a base for a as well-rounded specialists in architecture Technology, with a hunger for skills in the subject, and prepared for entry into professional architectural practice in construction
- Understand the importance Sketching and drawing relevant to the construction industry.
- Equip participants with the understanding, knowledge, skills and personal qualities required to undertake a wide range of careers across the construction industry in building, general contracting, consultancy or research.
- Understand what is construction Modelling.
- Make professionally competent judgements in the construction workplace environment.
- Communicate effectively using subject specific knowledge and skills
- Review and evaluate the changes brought about by Virtual / Digital as against manual Architectural systems
Start Date: Tuesday 8th August, 2023
Classes and Schedule:
6 Sessions from 6:00PM – 8:30PM
Tuesday 8th August, 2023
6:00PM – 8:30PM
Thursday 10th August, 2023
6:00PM – 8:30PM
Tuesday 15th August, 2023
6:00PM – 8:30PM
Thursday 17th August, 2023
|6:00PM – 8:30PM|
Tuesday 22ndAugust, 2023
|6:00PM – 8:30PM|
|Thursday 24th September, 2023||6:00PM – 8:30PM|
- Introduce Learners to the basics of Construction Modelling and to develop:
- An Insight Into The Representation Of Construction Drawing;
- An Basic Understanding Of 2d Modelling;
- An Basic Understanding Of 3d Modelling
- Appreciate Cad And Bim Systems
ARCHITETURAL DESIGN IN CONSTRUCTION
- Introduce The Students To Design Briefs Engaging With Cultural Context
- Explore How Designers Generate And Develop Personal Design Briefs
- To Conceptualise A Design Project Of Modest Complexity Through A Variety Of Scales, From The Conceptual Strategy To Practical Construction (Model)
- Architectural Software
- To use effectively Digital Media and Technology to communicate concept
- To explore and apply Digital Media and Technology appropriately in design development
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
- Provide an understanding of the dynamics shaping change in the built environment;
- Facilitate and interpret the urban environment and its changing forms;
- Consider urban change from a range of different perspectives;
- Provide an understanding of how those different perspectives shape different perceptions of urban environments; and
- Explore how professionals contribute to processes of change to the built environment.
BUILDING SERVICES TECHNOLOGY
- An understanding of the application of buildings services technology within modern buildings
- An understanding of how building services are incorporated and installed within modern buildings
- An understanding of the processes, time and costs that are involved in providing services within modern buildings
- Understanding the construction of the visual image in terms of colour, vector and raster components
- Understanding the resource implications of the selection of components
- Constructing and manipulating the raster image
- Constructing and manipulating the vector image
BEST PRACTICE IN ARCHITURAL TECHNOLOGY
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
These course targets professionals engaged in
- Construction Professionals
- Building Surveyor
- Commercial / Residential Surveyor
- Construction Managers
- Landscape Architect
- Town Planner
- Planning and Developing Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyors
Address: #18 Rushworth St. San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago
Phone: (868) 327-2499 | 723-1545 | 653-0935 | 657-8384
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com