The Advanced Certificate in Quantity Surveying will give you an excellent and effective start to your career as a professional Quantity Surveyor/Estimator and also lead to higher education. Our Advanced Certificate in Quantity Surveying course is a well-respected industry qualification for students and employers value the skills that you will gain within our programme. It can lead to a rewarding professional career for men and women in the construction industry.
The course is designed to help you become a highly skilled professional. The course content provides you with a thorough knowledge, and the essential skills and talents to work as a successful Quantity Surveying professional who can play a key role in multi-million dollar projects.
This well-established qualification is set to an intermediate undergraduate level and places academic theory within a practical context as well as eventually enabling you to pass a degree with honors or distinction in any university in the United Kingdom or overseas.
*A Certificate of Completion will be awarded to students upon the successful completion of all teaching sessions
Programme is inclusive of the under-mentioned:
The purpose of the course is to provide students with a comprehensive and professionally oriented higher education experience in Quantity Surveying. Quantity Surveyors operate in all sectors of the built environment and are primarily concerned with the value and financial management of construction projects and their subsequent life cycle. They have specialist skills and knowledge relating to cost and contract management requiring an expert understanding of construction techniques, procurement options and legal matters and the sustainable use of resources. In fulfilling this purpose the course aims to:
- Provide students with knowledge and understanding of the context, core concepts and theories relevant to Quantity Surveying in the design, creation and maintenance of a sustainable built environment.
- Develop transferable skills which students will be able to apply both within an academic context and in their professional careers.
- Develop cognitive skills which students will be able to apply in reaching professional judgements, solving problems and making decisions.
- Develop practical and technical skills relevant to Quantity Surveying, which students will be able to apply in their professional careers.
- Foster an environment in which learning experiences are shared by students on various parallel construction- related courses, thereby promoting the interdisciplinary nature of the construction industry.
- Encourage self-motivation and independent thought, such that graduates will be confident in challenging established working practices and responding to the future needs of the construction industry and its associated professions.
- Promote a culture of intellectual enquiry such that graduates will recognize the importance of lifelong learning for both personal and professional development.
Start Date: Tuesday April 2nd, 2024
Classes and Schedule:
6 Sessions from 6:00pm – 8:00pm
|Tuesday April 2nd, 2024||
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursday 4th April ,2024
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Tuesday 9th April, 2024
6:00pm – 8:00pm
Thursday11th April, 2024
|6:00pm – 8:00pm|
Tuesday 16th April ,2024
|6:00pm – 8:00pm|
|Thursday 18th April,2024||6:00pm – 8:00pm|
- MEASUREMENT OF BUILDINGS – PRINCIPLES AND PROCEDURES
This module is introducing students with the basic skills of measurement not limited to conditions of contract will generally nominate a set of rules of measurement and so the development of measurement skills devolves on the correct interpretation of these rules as well as with unambiguous and repeatable sets of measurements resulting in quantities of work in place. In addition, this module is to extend the students’ skills in interpretation of rules of measurement by further study of SMM7 including recognizing items of work in place by the use of more complex forms of construction, particularly temporary works such as support, inserts, testing and commission.
- INTRODUCTION TO CONTRACT LAW
The module is providing students with a sound understanding of Contract Law and its reforms which will be required for their everyday work in the profession, and in particular for those entering the field of management, sales and leasing.
The aim of the marked coursework assignment is to allow conclusion of simple missives and the understanding of deeds.
- PROCUREMENT AND CONTRACTS 2
This module is introducing new and existing areas of theory and practice related to contract and procurement in construction, building and the built environment industry.
- ESTIMATION AND TENDERING 2
The module will prepare students to familiar with the process of estimating and tendering from the contractor’s organizations and Conditions of Contract.
- CONSTRUCTION TECHNOLOGY 2
The module aims enable students to a further understanding and application of construction technology in the context of building, construction and the built environment.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT (QS)
This module aims to enable students to understand the role of the Quantity Surveyor in the Financial Management of Construction Projects.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
These course targets professionals engaged in
- Construction Professionals
- Building Surveyor
- Commercial / Residential Surveyor
- Construction Managers
- Landscape Architect
- Town Planner
- Planning and Developing Surveyor
- Quantity Surveyors
Address: #18 Rushworth St. San Fernando, Trinidad & Tobago
Phone: (868) 327-2499 | 723-1545 | 653-0935 | 657-8384
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com