PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT CERTIFICATE
DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS TODAY!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEXT INTAKE
Industrial Relations pertains to the relationship between management and labour organizations. Poor industrial relations can severely affect an organization’s long term viability, hence management and labour organizations are compelled to ensure that they operate within the best interest of the organization’s personnel.
This course introduces participants to the various Labour Laws of Trinidad and Tobago and the various processes to settle unresolved disputes and other matters which arise between employers and trade unions.
What you will learn:
By the end of this programme participants will have developed the requisite skills and competencies to position themselves for both upward mobility and market attractiveness amongst other opportunities.
On completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Discuss various acts and agencies related to the relationship between labour and management.
- Classify unfair labour practices as initiated by an employer or labour organization.
- Discuss the collective bargaining process, including negotiations, outcomes, and memorandums of understanding.
- Describe how labour relations units, supervisors and union representatives administer a collective bargaining agreement.
- Explain how grievance is generated and processed.
- Compare performance-related, conduct related, unfair labour practices, and miscellaneous grievances.
- escribe various alternative dispute resolution techniques and the appeals process.
This course will be delivered over five (5) online sessions from 5:30-8:00 pm. Class dates are as follows:
|Mon. 20th June, 2022||Wed. 22nd June, 2022|
|Mon. 27th June, 2022||Wed. 29th June, 2022|
|Mon. 4th July, 2022|
No entry restrictions.
Certificate of Completion
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS
- IR SPECIALISTS
- TRADE UNION MEMBERS
- GENERAL STAFF
- ANYONE SEEKING PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT