UT WAREHOUSE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Inventory and Warehouse Management are both closely related areas within the Supply Chain. Inventory Management focuses on the company-wide ordering, receiving, tracking and forecasting of goods while also maintaining accurate documentation and records. Similarly, Warehouse Management also pertains to the control of materials however; it is centred on the operations within the warehouse. While these systems have been in existence for quite some time, recent developments such as global pandemics and increasing competition, have accelerated the need for digital management systems.
This course will expose learners to the ins and outs of Inventory and Warehouse Management. Students will develop interpersonal skills and an understanding of the contemporary techniques and best practices that lead to effective and efficient warehouse and inventory management.
At the end of this course, learners will gain an appreciation for automated warehouse and inventory systems, various categories of digitization and the skills required to lead in this field.
Students will receive a Certificate Of Completion upon completion of the course.
- Understand the principles of Warehouse and Inventory and the role it plays in the organization.
- Develop and understand the critical need for the goals and objectives of inventory management through Key Performance Indicators – KPI’s to achieve outcomes.
- Appreciate the various inventory control systems to ensure accuracy such as but not limited to safety stock, reorder points, and order quantities, physical counts, and others.
- Understand the application of preservation methods and systems to reduce inventory deterioration and stock value while enhancing item shelf life, useful economic value, operational reliability and efficiency.
- Appreciate how OSHA Warehousing Safety Management System provides consistency, efficiency, and quality control to the warehouse process, which helps improve loss time, cost at every stage of the delivery and storage process.
- Develop knowledge of contemporary warehouse and inventory management tools and technologies for enhanced productivity and cost reduction management.
- Gain knowledge, understand and develop a career pathway necessary for warehouse and inventory management personnel and staff for individual and organizational growth.
Learn the Fundamentals of WAREHOUSE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT!
Commencing on 30th June 2022.
Note: All sessions are held from 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
|Thursday 30th June, 2022|
Tuesday 5th July, 2022
Thursday 7th July, 2022
Tuesday 12th July, 2022
Thursday 14th July, 2022
IDENTIFYING AND DEFINING WAREHOUSE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Nature and Characteristics
- Development and Importance
- Reporting Relationships
THE ROLE OF W&I MANAGEMENT IN THE ORGANIZATION
- Service Provider
- Materials Coordinator
- Business Analyst
- Cost Reduction Management
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Academic vs. Functional Requirements
- Physical Attributes
- Personal Characteristics
THE BASIC ELEMENTS OF WAREHOUSE AND INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
- Storage and Preservation
- Physical Inventory Management/ Stock Count
- Inventory Management Control
STORAGE AND PRESERVATION TECHNIQUES
- Understanding the cost implications of storage and preservation
- Specialized Storage techniques
- Importance of knowing Holding Cost
WORKSHOP – IMPROVING YOUR WAREHOUSE FACILITY LAYOUT
- Discover methodologies for layout planning
- Rearranging to reduce travel time and optimize labour, equipment and space resources
- Identifying OSHA Safety Issues for Warehouse Operations
- Developing and Customizing KPIs for your specific problems
INVENTORY MANAGEMENT CONTROL TECHNIQUES
- Fix Order Point
- Materials Requirement Planning
- Dependent Demand System
- Electronic Data Interface
- Economic Order Quantity
CONTEMPORARY TOOLS & TECHNIQUES IN WAREHOUSING
- CMMS (Warehouse Management Systems)
- Analytical Tools
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The course targets professionals engaged in:
- Inventory Procurement
- Supply Chain
- Fleet Management
- User Department that interact with Warehouse and Inventory staff on a regular basis
- Persons wishing to develop a career in Warehousing and Inventory related field.